Can I file diminished value claim after a fender-bender accident?

I was in a fender-bender accident and it was clearly not my fault. Can I file the diminished value claim?

Yes. As long as you are not in Michigan, if another driver is at fault in a collision, you will be compensated for lost value. The at-fault driver’s insurance company is liable for fixing your car and paying you for the difference in its resale value before and after the collision. The liability policy of his or her insurance coverage normally covers this expense.

Because each state handles decreased value differently, you should contact the office of the state insurance commissioner for further information.



Elena G.
Elena G.
Answered on March 4, 2022

Find your perfect insurance policy

Compare the top insurance brands at once for free